Accounting and Auditing
While we assign senior-level personnel to every client engagement, we are sticklers for detail. We hold ourselves to the highest standards regardless of whether we are involved with an audit, review or compilation engagement. We work hard to comply with standards established by our profession, including a quality control system emphasizing independence and objectivity, continuing education, and adherence to policies and procedures that exceed the profession’s requirements. We are members of the Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center and the Government Audit Quality Center and utilize the best practices recommended thereby. We also participate in the AICPA’s Peer Review Program.
While compliance with professional standards can be arduous and sometimes adversarial, our commitment to “Building Extraordinary Relationships” allows us to work with our clients to find the right answers. In fact, our clients find us friendly, collaborative and easy to work with. In essence, we become part of your front and back office systems, seamlessly integrating as a team with your organization. It is in this manner that we build value for our clients.
Our services include:
- Reporting on audited, reviewed and compiled financial statements
- Reporting on specified elements, accounts or items of a financial statement
- Reporting on agreed-upon procedures
- Compliance reporting on laws, regulations and contracts
- Reporting on existing internal controls
- Transactions, mergers and acquisitions
- Implementing new accounting pronouncements
- Small business services
- Controllership and outsourcing
“Whisman Giordano & Associates are personable, competent and very knowledgeable. We especially like the way they work with our organization. They’ve become part of our team.”